Wednesday 10 August 2011

herbal essences 'tousle me softly' shampoo and conditioner review


hey everyone!
today i'm going to be reviewing the new addition to the herbal essences shampoo and conditioner family - tousle me softly. (just out of curiosity, how do you say tousle? like 'toss' or 'toos?' i've had debates about it with people - let me know!)
i'm a girl who LOOOOVES that tousled, beach hair look. i have naturally quite curly hair, and i used to hate it and would have done anything for straight hair. it's not completely curly, i suppose it's more wavy with the odd ringlet. but i've now learnt to embrace my waviness and curliness. i've also learnt that i look hideous with straight hair - how times change!
hair type
i guess i should tell you a little about my hair type. i wash my hair every other day because my hair can get greasy rather quickly. my hair's quite fine, but there's a lot of it if you get me! and i also colour my hair, just in case that makes a difference.
okay, on to the review!

shampoo
it's blue. it's freaking blue. WHO DOESN'T WANT BLUE SHAMPOO?! (rhymes.) so after the initial amazement of this, when i was lathering it into my hair it lathered well, i find all herbal essences shampoos do. it's quite a light shampoo, however it's not too runny.
when my hair dried, it was definitely curlier and wavier than it was before - i was delighted with the results! i wasn't really expecting it to work but my hair was certainly more bouncy and wavy and such. much love for it!
that said, i don't think it would work very well on someone with naturally straight hair. i think it was designed to add curls to hair that has a natural wave. 5* A+ 10/10 100%!

conditioner
before i used it, i was worried the conditioner would weigh down my hair and take out the wave and curl that the shampoo had put in. i thought i was right when i washed it out, because my hair was so soft so i thought it was too heavy. but it certainly did not! it kept the waves and curls in, and made my hair feel really soft - it was lovely! the only downfall is it isn't blue ;( 5* A+ 10/10 100%!

i would definitely re-purchase this and reccomend it to a friend! it's certainly one of my all time favourite shampoo and conditioner! its fabulous!

thanks for reading!
maddie xx

5 comments:

  1. hiya, wow I really want to purchase that now! Great review! oh and i pronounce it 'toss' haha xD

    ReplyDelete
  2. @AbbaLabba2012 thank you! and as do i! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. thats awesome! does the shampoo make ur hair dry??
    daphne-koo.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. @daphne nope not at all! :) and if it does, the conditioner does a really good job :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have got this, just done a review for it too ;) i love this shampoo. it smells so good!

    http://www.h-j-fashion.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

drop me a line!